Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

taking prostate medication for an enlarged prostrate..ejaculation

I am taking prostate medication for an enlarged prostrate. What can I do if anything about low ejaculation volumn?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 7 years ago.

A normal amount of semen is 1-6.5 ml per ejaculation. There are many reasons why semen can chance consistency and also the amount. The most common causes are changes in diet, change in exercise, or a change in tightness of clothing around the genitals. Exercising and wearing tight clothing can increase the heat of the scrotum, changing sperm motility. There are lifestyle changes including certain vitamins that can be helpful. You can read more about these changes here
If you are not experiencing any other symptoms, and lifestyle isn't the cause, then you need to see a urologist.