Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
19689124

I had a fever of 101.5 two days ago and since then, my temperature

I had a fever of 101.5 two days ago and since then, my temperature has been fluctuating from 98.2 to 97.6. Is this cause for alarm and should I go to my local Urgent Care? I don't have flu-like (respiratory) symptoms, but I do feel tired, weak, and my 'insides' feel sore. Please advise? I'm tired of getting the run-around since I'm between health care providers.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan RN replied 7 years ago.
Have you been around anybody who is sick or has the flu? When you say your insides hurt, have you had any vomiting or diarrhea or is the pain in one area?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not been around anyone sick. I have had no vomiting but did have diarrhea when I had my fever. Solid stool since. I feel a little discomfort when I breathe in deep, and when I say my 'insides hurt', I mean that they're a little sore. I have soreness coming and going in my back area, upper abdominal, and mid-abdominal.
Expert:  Susan RN replied 7 years ago.
From what your telling me, it sounds like you could have had a GI bug when you had the diarrhea and fever. The soreness could be from the diarrhea which causes your bowels to be irritated. Does it hurt or burn when you pee? When you press on your belly, is there any spot that hurts when you press down, then let up?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have no burning sensation when I pee, and I don't feel any spots around my stomach that hurt when I press down. I was turning mulch at work and may have breathed some of it in. Do you think this may be the cause of my sickness?
Expert:  Susan RN replied 7 years ago.
If you breathed some of the mulch in, you would have lung issues instead of diarrhea. Since your fever is gone and your diarrhea has stopped, I would say you had a stomach virus that has come and gone. Often times when your body has had diarrhea, you feel wiped out afterwards for a few days. I would suggest you drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy foods, and try to get as much rest as possible for a few days until your energy gets back.

I hope this information has been helful. Please let me know if I can help you again. If my answers have been helpful, please click the Accept button. Thank you.