Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma

I have blood pooling in my feet right in front of my toes all

I have blood pooling in my feet right in front of my toes all across the foot. I can see the discoloration and know it is blood. I had this on my right foot after a fracture in my ankle last year--it went away after my ankle bone healed. I have COPD and wonder if this has anything to do with it. I just recemtly pulled a muscle in my back which i getting better. This is a mystery why the blood is pooling in my feet. Can anyone of you give me some answers?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

Are you overweight? Are you on any medications?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes. I am overweight. Yes. I am on medications. They are:

Lasdik, water pill

The causes of the blood pooling could be - due to your COPD, YOur being overweight and also due to the side effect of medications.

What you need to do - start an exercise and diet regimen to loose weight. Walk for half an hour twice daily.

Increase muscle activity with walking, avoid standing in place for long periods of time, avoid sitting with the feet dependent.
Limit salt intake, do not abuse diuretics, but a short-term course may be helpful, do not abuse laxatives, drink plenty of water, avoid hormone replacement therapy if possible, use a compressions pump to help fluid return to the blood vessels.

Hope this helped. This conversation is not over unless you are satisfied. Please let me know if I can help you further.

If you are satisfied, please click ACCEPT. Positive feedback and bonuses are always welcome.

Best regards