Ask Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired You...
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired, Nurse
Experience:  I have been in nursing since 1983, I have worked all fields of practice, including home health.
19331547

My wife who is 30 years old and in 3/7 dialysis use to have

My wife who is 30 years old and in 3/7 dialysis use to have feavor emmidiatly after the dailysis which last for few hours.
The feavor (39c) now is getting worse and become every day and for the last week and complaining of interner pain.
We did an ultrasound the result normal bu the report showed that her liver is significantly enlarged (18 cm along the mid clavicular plain.

Doctors here didnot explain to us what is this and they dont know why she has feavor.
Need someone to explain this to me please
Category: Health
Expert:  Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer your wife's liver is enlarging because she is toxic. It doesn't sound like the dialysis if working 100 % anymore, is she up for transplant?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We are still looking for a donor, but if she is toxic is that reversable and why she is haveing feavor.

kindly be informed that she started dialysis in Feb of this year.

Customer fevers usually mean infection or something foreign to the body. She most likely has high white blood count. She is fighting. Have you informed your doctor or the dialysis unit of these fevers?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes we did and they did a blood cltur from the catheter and the result was (-) they made cheast xray and abdominal ultra sound and every thing seems ok, do you advice of addetional test
Drmugsy has joined us, maybe he has some additional insight.. Thank you for our question.