Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

It seems I have a sinus infection. The left side of my face

It seems I have a sinus infection. The left side of my face is drooping. Much like a water baloon has been stuffed from forehead to cheeks to lips. I you agree its a sinus infection is there any home remedies?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
You might have a sinus infection - and most of the time it is a viral syndrome and when you say you have 'drooping' on the left side of your face you might have Bell's palsy - which is usually self-remitting and usually due to a viral syndrome too. What I mean by self-remitting - is that is will get better by itself - usually within a few weeks - if not improving you might need a dosing of steroids due to the inflammation 'Cranial Nerve VII (7)'. I hope this helps, take care.