Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

hi i am 9-10 weeks pregent and i am bleeding i have no pain

hi i am 9-10 weeks pregent and i am bleeding i have no pain i went to the doctor on friday and he said not to worry i phoned the midwife but she could got give me a scan as thet are short staffed i do not get my frist scan for 2 weeks yet do you think my baby is okay
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
If you are bleeding you should be 'ruled-out' for a miscarriage, or even an 'incomplete' miscarriage, or to see if the pregnancy is still 'viable' - I am sorry that your 'providers' are making you wait. If you start to bleed even heavier, I would recommend a trip to the emergency room. Please take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am still scared if i do not bleed any heaver would you say just to wait for my scan and hope that eveything will be okay my scan is on the 11 of this mouth do you think that there is a good change that my baby is okay
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
If you are not continuing to bleed, you can wait, but my concern is, with continued bleeding, you can become anemic and if you do miscarry (and I'm saying you are)- but you could have an open cervix with tissue at the cervix and this could be an emergency - I usually ALWAYS try to see patients like you within 24 to 48 hours, not 2 weeks later. But, if you stopped bleeding, you should be fine. But, please eat well, drink plenty of fluids, and take your prenatal vitamins. Also, a MAJORITY of time, everything is okay, but I am a physician, and I don't like to see people worry for a long period of time. Please take care.
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate