Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

For a few weeks I have woursining arm pain,both arms from shoulder

For a few weeks I have woursining arm pain,both arms from shoulder down more severe in elbows,no strength in arms its hard to even raise them.I am 50yr old w/high blood pressure,curantly taking-lisinop/hctz20-25 one a day,-metoprolol tart 50mg twice a day and amlodipine 5mg ounce a day,and some other over the counter supplements.Is any of these meds causing my symptoms are do I have something new,PLEASE HELP!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
Will you please answer some questions-
1.Since when you are having this?
2.Is there any associated neck pain?
3.Is there limitation of range of movement of neck?
4.Have you checked your recent status of blood pressure?
5.Is there any history of diabetes?
6.What is your profession?
7.Do you drink & smoke?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ive had symptoms for maybe a couple weeks I have no neck pain I can move my neck fine,Blood pressure is normal 138/60 my mother has had history of light diabete symptoms,only treated as needed.I am a auto body repair tech,allways use arms alot ,I am a smoker and light to moderate drinker.
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for providing information.
The answers has almost exculded the common caus of these symptoms that is compressive neuropathy due to a disc or spondylosis.
   Drugs you are taking are liable to cause the weakness in the arm but not the pain which you are having in your shoulders which is radiating to the elbow.
By your description it looks to be a adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder as you are unable to raise your arm above the shoulder level.In this condition there is shortening of the capsule of the shoulder .This is a easily treatable condition,Yiu should do following to have relief-
1.Have an anti inflammatory analgesic like advil.
2.Have a consultation from a physical therapist who will help you by teaching you some exercise which are first passive then active & by providing infra red therapy,ultra sonic therapy,etc.This will relieve your pain.
3.Do warm pack fomentation over the shoulder which will give you relief in your pain.
4.Your doctor may examine you & give you a local intraarticular steroid injection which are good at relieving pain & do increase the range of motion.

Hope all this will be helpful.