Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I think I might have acute pancreasetitis I have pain in my

Customer Question

I think I might have acute pancreasetitis I have pain in my upper left side around to my back when sitting and lying down and lots of diarrhea that smells and sometimes left shoulder pain if I do abdominal exercises like situps and stuff will that make the pancreastitis worse than it is
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Greetings and wlecome to justanswer,

How long is the pain present?

Did you have any blood investigation or ct scan?

Did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the pain for quite some time now
I've been trying to get a hold of my doctor
no blood work or nothing
but I don't know if its possible for me to get pancreastis because a few years ago I had my gallbladder removed
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

The chances of gall bladder stones formation are removed after the cholecystectomy as the bile is not stagnant and flows out as it is secreted.

The pain which you are getting may be due to the post-cholecystectomy syndrome which occurs after removing the GB.

You should have the relevant investigations like blood counts, serum amylase, serum lipase, ct scan abdomen after consulting your gastroenterologist to know the associated abnormality.The serum amylase, lipase are often elevated in pancreatitis.The Ct scan abdomen may also show any associated changes if any.

The drugs like motrin, tylenol, buscopan may help in controlling the pain temporarily.

Please visit here for more information

post cholecystectomy syndrome and its treatment

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you