Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
14102772

hi i have a boil on my bum what is the best home treatmeat

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Boils are generally caused by an infection of the hair follicles by Staphylococcus aureus or Staphylococcus epidermidis, which normally lives on the skin surface. Most boils run their course from 4 to 10 days. You should apply a warm compress or soak the boil in warm water to help alleviate the pain and hasten draining of the pus. Once the boil drains, the area should be washed with antibacterial soap and bandaged well.
For recurring cases, sufferers may benefit from diet supplements of Vitamin A and E.
If this does not help then I would recommend you to see a doctor.
In serious cases, prescription oral antibiotics such as dicloxacillin (Dynapen) or cephalexin (Keflex), or topical antibiotics, are commonly used.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated