Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I have biliony dyskenesia after having my gall bladder removed.Is

I have biliony dyskenesia after having my gall bladder removed.Is there any treatment
Could you say:
1. what is your age and sex?
2. do you have any other medical condition?
3. are you on any meds?
4. how long have you had this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am female 58 y o

I have addisons disease also

Iam on hysone 4ml twice daily

I have had bilary dyskenesia for 2years and addisons diagnosed 18 months ago

What symptoms are you having?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for replying

I get very painful spasms in the gall area,they can last for 10 to 15 minutes extreme then die down to a dull ache. They do not seem to be food related because it happens whether i eat or not. Seems to be more frequent at night.Mostly about every second night

Any problems with bowel movements?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No do not have any problem there

There are medical and surgical options that you can discuss with your doctor -
1. The medical options - in case of irritable bowel disease - use of bulking agents, antispasmodics, or sedatives. Cholestyramine has been of help for diarrhea alone. Antacids, histamine 2 (H2) blockers, or proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) can provide relief for GERD or gastritis symptoms.

2. Surgical options - The most commonly used procedure is ERCP. ERCP is both a diagnostic and a therapeutic procedure. Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a technique that combines the use of endoscopy and fluoroscopy to diagnose and treat certain problems of the biliary or pancreatic ductal systems. Through the endoscope, the physician can see the inside of the stomach and duodenum, and inject dyes into the ducts in the biliary tree and pancreas so they can be seen on x-rays.

Hope this helped. This conversation is not over unless you are satisfied. Please let me know if I can help you further.

If you are satisfied, please click ACCEPT. Positive feedback and bonuses are always welcome.

Best regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have already had ERCP and sphincterotamy

I do not have irrirable bowl syn.

Do antispasmodics help?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i take buscopan when i feel a spasm coming on which takes 1 hr to take effect but now i m vomiting due to the pain and the buscopan isnt effective at that point

If, after a complete evaluation (including an ERCP with sphincterotomy), you continue to have debilitating, intermittent RUQ pain, and no diagnosis is found, the procedure of choice after a normal exploratory laparotomy is a transduodenal sphincteroplasty.

Best regards