Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

PRE pre stages of planning my second pregnancy next year..trimester

greetings, i have a 10 month old daughter and am in the PRE pre stages of planning my second pregnancy next year. i am worried because in the 9th month of my 3rd trimester i had hypertention and ever since, i get extra nervouse before getting my bp taken and often sabotage my read. i basically get a panic attack when they r about to take the reading. my 1st question is; just because in the 9th month of my last pregnancy i had hypertention does that mean i will in the next pregnancy? and secondly: is there a pregnancy safe bp medication such as this stuff i heard of called Aldomet???    any foods that are bp lowering???   i am healthy and not overweight but high bp does run in my family...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
Gestational hypertension- Women with gestational hypertension have high blood pressure, but no excess protein in their urine.
Pregnancy-induced hypertension ( high blood pressure, swelling that doesn't go away and large amounts of protein in your urine.)

As such high blood pressure is more common in first pregnancy .
So it does not mean that you will develop high BP in next pregnancy .
As such you should avoid anxiety , stress as it can result in high blood pressure.
You should start some breathing exercises to calm your mind .

For further reading
Having said this i would add
There are medications to manage high BP in pregnancy as well .
For further reading