Ask Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired You...
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired, Nurse
Experience:  I have been in nursing since 1983, I have worked all fields of practice, including home health.

My husbands index finger tip began to hurt, suddenly, about

My husbands index finger tip began to hurt, suddenly, about a week ago. The finger tip has turned slightly red and is very painful.... even to the lightest touch. His finger tip (to the first knuckle) is also ICE cold. He came home today and began complaining about his middle finder on the same hand beginning to hurt in the same way the index finger did. There is no visible cut or anything on the skin itself.

Quick mention on his medical history....He has a herniated disc (L5 S7) and received his third injection (in 1 year) on July 1. He also had a non-seminoma tumor removed along with 3 weeks of radiation treatment about 3 years ago. I assume that has nothing to do with it, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Any suggestions about what it could be?

Hello, Sorry to hear about this problem. It sounds to me like a circulation probloem. I think If I were you I would go to urgent care center. We do not want your husband to lose his finger or fingers. We could discuss it further if you would like?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks. A circulation problem can cause just his finger tips to have these symptoms? Also, how fast can something like this progress because he wants to wait until Monday when he can see his Dr.

No No. something is causing the tip of his finger to lack blood. Could be a small clot. Please do not wait.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help and quick responses. I greatly appreciate it. I will get him in the car now.

your welcome. thank you for your question.