dr.vikrambhatt, Doctor
Experience:  General Physician with vast experience in active medical practice.

I have plugged ears, a runny nose, drainage in my throat, a

I have plugged ears, a runny nose, drainage in my throat, a sore throat, and a yellow coating on my tongue. I have never had this yellow coating before- white yes, but not yellow. What is this yellow coating and is it a sign of tonsilitis?
Category: Health
Expert:  dr.vikrambhatt replied 7 years ago.
Did you recently used antibiotic therapy?
Are you smoker?
Are you using chewable antacids?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was prescribed 5 days of antibiotics on July 15. I am not a smoker and have not used chewable antacids.
Well, these are the possible factors that can lead to changes in the color of the upper surface of the tongue.
poor oral hygiene ,use of certain mouthwashes
toothpastes and growth of bacterial or fungal organisms.
In you case, it can be due to fungal infection. </You need to take nasal inhalers like ipratropium bromide (Atrovent). Take excess of fluids. Also you need to have chest x-ray .Also do steam inhalation. Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some</p><p>Also Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.You can Improve your immunity by taking a multivitamin multimineral supplement.</p>
Also certain allergies, and viruses can cause this condition. You need to get nose and throat examination from ENT doctor, along with invetsigation like X-ray of nasal sinuses