Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Clear discharge with some light blood when i wipe, and also

Clear discharge with some light blood when i wipe, and also had a little spot a little circle of red blood when i wiped again.

is this normal? have not got my period yet for july should be getting it before the end of july.
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

Is this vaginal bleeding?

What is your age?

Do you use any birth control?

Are you sexually active?

When was your last pap smear?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

25 female

the clear white discharge is coming from my vagina and when i wipe the white discharge is on the tissue with a little light blood, then i had a little spot of blood, when i wiped again.

my last period was June 22nd first day to june 27th

Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

Fresh blood from the vagina may be from the vaginal walls after vigorous intercourse however it could also be from a polyp or erosion of the cervix. You will need to schedule an appointment with your gyn for an examination and then appropriate management. If your pap smear is overdue then this can be repeated at the same time.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm not sexually active.

can it just be me staining a week before my period.

yest i had some brown discharge on my underwear

my last perid was june 22nd with cramps till june 27th .

Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

If you have been having brown staining as well then this increases the possibility of this being inter menstrual bleeding which can be due to hormones, however it is still possible that you have a polyp so do get checked out even if you are not sexually active.

However it is also possible that this is the start of an early period and you may find that the bleeding becomes heavier over the next 24 hours.