Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Im feeling tired, weak and slightly faint. I get like this

I'm feeling tired, weak and slightly faint. I get like this when I'm hungry but i've been eating well so that can't be it. it's being going on now for 3 days and all i want to do is sleep. This is very odd for me for i am a very active person not prone to falling asleep on the sofa. I've checked the swine flu symptoms and aside from tiredness my other symptoms don't fit the bill. What could it be? I'm generally a very healthy person, slim with a good diet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 7 years ago.
Hello

The symptoms you have described can be due to various causes. The symptoms are very general & not specific. The most probable causes are: high blood pressure,high blood sugar level,anxiety stress,vitamin deficiencies. The most probable cause seems to be high blood pressure.

You need to see your doctor who will check your blood pressure & if it is elevated, then he will prescribe you anti hypertensive medication accordingly.restrict your salt intake .Drink plenty of water.Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.If you are overweight,then loose weight.Eat a healthy diet. Eat less fat and sodium.

The exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination & tests.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor.

Regards

Dr.Charles.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dear Doctor,
I understand that the symptoms are very general which i why I'm concerned and seeking advice.

Regarding the high blood pressure i can immediately cross that out as i have low blood pressure if i have any abnormality to my pressure. I'm slim though not underweight so loosing weight is not the case for me and i already have a healthy diet with low fat and sodium meals.

I'm a non smoker and drink small quantities during the month. Not weekly. I drink plenty of water during the day.

As mentioned I'm normally a very healthy active person. I'm not prone to illnesses.

Unfortunately you're prognosis has not help yet give an indication as to what could be wrong with me.

As I had described earlier,that symptoms are very general. So online diagnosis cannot be made in this case. Clinical examination in must in your case.

The possibility of electrolyte imbalance is also there.

Regards

Dr.Charles.