Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Does an allergic reation to cranberry juice cause rash to appear

Does an allergic reation to cranberry juice cause rash to appear all over the torso?
Hello
Allergic reation to cranberry juice is very rare.Its not commonly found that someone had got allergic reaction from cranberry juice. But the costituents & ingredients of it like Bromelain may cause allergic reaction.
If allergic reaction occurs,then yes,it will cause rashes on the body.A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become rashes,reddish & itchy.
The following will help you greatly:Take tablet levocitrizan 5mg once a day.Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.
If the area is large then apply Calamine lotion.This will reduce the rashes.All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription.
Regards
Dr.Charles.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
From your answer I assume that it is more likely that the reaction is from the Atenolol given to him to take after the placement of the stents.
Yes,as allergy from canberry juice is very rare,other factors are to be considered. Tab.Atenolol can be the cause. It can be known after stopping it with consultation of his doctor. So your husband needs consultation of his doctor.

Regards
Dr.Charles.