Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Board-certified pediatrician at children's hosptial, chief resident, multiple publications
20089981

recovery time for a hip fracture with no surgery

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr David replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Need more information, however. Is this in a child? If so, how old is the child? Is the child otherwise healthy? How was the hip fracture treated?

If this is in an adult, please reclassify the question.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
" I ", am a 39 year old male in good health, but over weight who slipped on a wet floor going first to a left knee then to the left hip after the knee hit the wet floor and slipped out from under me as well. Three trips to the ER, before an X-ray then a CT scan and a surgeon said, " You have a fracture, luckly no need for surgery, one night in the hospital then you can go home, stay in bed and I`ll see you in a month and a half. Stay off the left leg, use crutches to go to the bathroom and to eat when your out of the bed . "
Expert:  Dr David replied 7 years ago.

I think you mean for this to be an orthopedics question or general medical health question. It was in pediatrics. I'm not an orthopedics expert and I recommend that you repost in the appropriate area.

Best wishes with your hip, Dr David