How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hersheydoc Your Own Question
hersheydoc, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 133
Experience:  Penn State College of Medicine - Physician Eastern Pa
Type Your Health Question Here...
hersheydoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi I got fiberglass dust accidentally blown into my eyes

This answer was rated:


I got fiberglass dust accidentally blown into my eyes during work 2 days back. my eyes feel like needles being pricked inside especially when I move my eyes or blink.. I have washed eyes several times with water but no progress. I also made a mistake by putting eye drops which may have caused the dust to go further deep inside my eyes. what is the usual treatment given in such a situation ?

You should go to either the Emergency room or to see an opthalmologist. They would be able to look at your eyes and see if some material is still stuck to the eye itself and remove it. They could see if you have a corneal abrasion as a result of this material. They could prescribe eye drop to make the eyes less painful. They could also prescribe antibiotic drops for the eyes if needed.. I think that you need to have someone look at your eyes. This isnt someone that you want to just let go. Things could get worse. You never want to mess around with your vision. Hope that helps, hope you get treatment and relief soon.





If you have anymore questions, please feel to ask.

Please contact me via personal message on this website if you have information about your disease that you think may benefit another patient. I am constantly trying to learn so that I can provide the most accurate information too all of my patients.

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.


Kindly press 'ACCEPT' so I may be paid for my work and advice.
POSITIVE feedback & BONUS are always appreciated.
Follow up questions are welcome.
You should always consult with your physician .

hersheydoc and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I washed eyes well 4-5 times that day with water and put eye drops. now im ok.
thats great, thanks for updating me. I really appreciate the followed up, not everyone lets me know how things ended up. glad to hear your better.