Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...

Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
18529113

my hubby has fluid behind his eye what can we do to get rid

my hubby has fluid behind his eye what can we do to get rid of it please
Category: Health
Expert:  Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN replied 5 years ago.

Hello;

Thank you for writing in today. I want to provide you with the best possible information, so I do have a few questions. I hope you understand.

Can you tell me more about this fluid behind the eye? One eye? Both eyes? Does it feel like he has increased pressure? Is there a change in the way his eyes look? Has a doctor diagnosed this? All information regarding this fluid behind the eye will be appreciated?

Any other medical history?

what medications and supplements does he take?

Please let me know.

Ms. Lisa

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

he is on blood pressure pills

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nifedipine is the name of the meds

Thank you for the medication list. I just need some more information about the fluid behind his eyes. Can you give me more details about this? Why does he feel he has fluid behind his eyes? Are his eyes swollen? Is there pressure?

Please let me know.

Ms. Lisa

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he went to the eye doctor and found out he cant see out of it

Hello;

Thank you for responding to the questions. In your husband's case, this is most likely due to increased aqueous fluid in the eye. The eye normally has some fluid, this helps with the function of the eye and helps to maintain the structure. Sometimes the fluid in the eye can cause some problems. Generally, the fluid causes problems when there is an increase in the amount of a problem with draining, such as a blocked duct. This can cause visual changes, including blindness if the optic nerve is involved. The treatment for this is usually eye drops or even surgery in some cases. If he received eye drops from the doctor, it may take a few days for him to start feeling some changes. With this being said, if the eye doctor did not addressed this with some medication or recommend further evaluation, you should consider consulting with that provider regarding his rationale. If your husband's vision has changed at all, since his visit, or does become worse, you should contact the eye doctor immediately.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, concerns, or would like to address this further, please let me know.

Ms. Lisa

Experience: Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner