Nurse Tracy
Nurse Tracy, Nurse
Experience:  4 yrs in emergency room, 3 yrs in pediatrics. 3 yrs studying holistic and alternative medicine.
19315399

what is penile massage or lingam massage is it actually a

what is penile massage or lingam massage? is it actually a legal practice? can a regular RMT perform such a massage and what are the benefits?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Tracy replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome back. The word lingam is the Sanskrit word for the male organ. A lingam or penile massage is a specific massage to the male organ that is supposed to allow the man to feel his "softer side". A regular RMT cannot perform such a massage nor is it legal in the US. It basically would mean you are paying for a sexual "favor" and that is illegal (think prostitution). However I did find a website that tells exactly how one is done. This could be a great "exercise" for your wife and you to perticipate in.

http://www.whitelotuseast.com/LingamMassage.htm

I hope all is going better with you and also things with your wife. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
Nurse Tracy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
excellent informative website..thank you things are slowly getting better yes. I appreciate your genuine concern and care.
there are so many muscles directly connected so closely with the groin eg. hip flexor, psoas and pubic muslce group which all get a great deal of stress load during sports can this put stress on the performance of the penis if these muscles are tight? can an RMT help with that?
If you pulled any muscles in the groin area, physical therapy would be your best option after an evaluation from a doctor. However if the muscles are just tight from playing sports, then massaging the muscles will benefit your performance, but only because it allows for more flexibility of your body, not your penis. Your penis performance itself will depend on a number of things...pain in other parts of your body, stress, decreased blood flow, etc. There just are too many things to list, however massage should help in the overall function of your body with increased blood flow from the massage.

With that being said, finding an RMT who would do massage on your legs would not be a problem, but you will have a hard time finding one doing a massage on your groin muscles. This is a very grey area and I am sure each massage therapist comes across this issue at some point in their practice. From the RMT's I know, there is often a boundary they all adhere to...no touching below the navel and above the mid-thigh (front and back).

Other things you can do is apply heat to the groin muscles...that would dilate the blood vessels, allowing increased blood flow (even to the penis). This would also help alleviate any pain you may have after a game. Overall enhamcing your performance.

I hope this answered your questions. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Kindly,
Nurse Tracy
Nurse Tracy, Nurse
Experience: 4 yrs in emergency room, 3 yrs in pediatrics. 3 yrs studying holistic and alternative medicine.