Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I have red spots under the skin of the palms of my hands and

I have red spots under the skin of the palms of my hands and also my feet. These spots looks like blood clots and they hurt when pressure is applied. What might this be a symptom of?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 7 years ago.

Hello

The complaints you have described seemmost liklely due to a condition called Dyshidrotic Eczema.It is a condition in which small, red spots/ blisters develop on the hands and feet.It is a recurrent or chronic relapsing form of vesicular palmoplantar dermatitis of unknown etiology.The cause is unknown.

Other possibility are of dermatitis,Osler nodes or Janeway Lesions.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

Without seeing your skin it is difficult to make a diagnosis. Exact diagnosis cannot be made online in this case.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor.

Regards

Dr.Charles.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.