How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Charles Your Own Question
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have red spots under the skin of the palms of my hands and

Resolved Question:

I have red spots under the skin of the palms of my hands and also my feet. These spots looks like blood clots and they hurt when pressure is applied. What might this be a symptom of?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 7 years ago.


The complaints you have described seemmost liklely due to a condition called Dyshidrotic Eczema.It is a condition in which small, red spots/ blisters develop on the hands and feet.It is a recurrent or chronic relapsing form of vesicular palmoplantar dermatitis of unknown etiology.The cause is unknown.


Other possibility are of dermatitis,Osler nodes or Janeway Lesions.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

Without seeing your skin it is difficult to make a diagnosis. Exact diagnosis cannot be made online in this case.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor.




Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.


Dr. Charles and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you