How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5040
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Systolic Blood Pressure is always HIGH 155 - 170 My Diastolic

Resolved Question:

My Systolic Blood Pressure is always HIGH 155 - 170
My Diastolic Blood Pressure is always NORMAL 75 - 80
Is there a way to lower the Systolic Blood Pressure without affecting the Diastolic?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 years ago.


Yes, you can lower the systolic blood pressure .Your systolic blood pressure is high. It falls in the stage 2 of high blood pressure.

You need to be seen by doctor . Your doctor will prescribe you anti hypertensive medication accordingly.Restrict your salt intake .Drink plenty of water.

Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.If you are overweight,then loose weight.

Eat a healthy diet. Eat less fat and sodium.

Please do not worry. It can be managed with medications and with restrictions in diet

Take Care


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My doctor prescribed Hydrochlorothiazine 12.5 + Lysinpril 40mg. It lowers the diastolic down to the low 60s or high 50s, while the systolic is still around 150. Any suggestions?
I have noticed that if I take Cialis, my B.P. seems to be fine. Would it be OK to take Cialis every 3 or 4 days, or would that bring on other problems?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 years ago.

Your doctor can prescribe you with the -calcium channel blockers .They slow down the conduction of electrical activity within the heart, by blocking the calcium channel. Eg-Amlodipine (Norvasc, Azor)

Also a class of anti hypertensive medication-Renin inhibitors eg Aliskiren (Tekturna) will help you.

Yes, you can also be given Cialis under the supervison of doctor. please see your doctor for appropriate management.

take care



Dr. Josh and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you