Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My Systolic Blood Pressure is always HIGH 155 - 170 My Diastolic

My Systolic Blood Pressure is always HIGH 155 - 170
My Diastolic Blood Pressure is always NORMAL 75 - 80
Is there a way to lower the Systolic Blood Pressure without affecting the Diastolic?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 years ago.

Hello

Yes, you can lower the systolic blood pressure .Your systolic blood pressure is high. It falls in the stage 2 of high blood pressure.

You need to be seen by doctor . Your doctor will prescribe you anti hypertensive medication accordingly.Restrict your salt intake .Drink plenty of water.

Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.If you are overweight,then loose weight.

Eat a healthy diet. Eat less fat and sodium.

Please do not worry. It can be managed with medications and with restrictions in diet

Take Care

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My doctor prescribed Hydrochlorothiazine 12.5 + Lysinpril 40mg. It lowers the diastolic down to the low 60s or high 50s, while the systolic is still around 150. Any suggestions?
I have noticed that if I take Cialis, my B.P. seems to be fine. Would it be OK to take Cialis every 3 or 4 days, or would that bring on other problems?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 years ago.

Your doctor can prescribe you with the -calcium channel blockers .They slow down the conduction of electrical activity within the heart, by blocking the calcium channel. Eg-Amlodipine (Norvasc, Azor)

Also a class of anti hypertensive medication-Renin inhibitors eg Aliskiren (Tekturna) will help you.

Yes, you can also be given Cialis under the supervison of doctor. please see your doctor for appropriate management.

take care