Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

On and off, my whole body feels like it gets tight to where

On and off, my whole body feels like it gets tight to where it feels good, yet hurts to stretch everything. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Sometimes it's fine, others I feel miserable like I've exercised too much. (which I haven't) I've been tested for everything....all blood tests for autoimmune diseases, CBC, liver, kidneys, had MRI scan of spine, CT scan of abdomen, fibromyalgia, etc. The only things I have been diagnosed with are gastritis, sciatica from pregnancy and TMJ (which is bad...getting an orthotic splint in a few weeks). Can the TMJ tension cause my whole body to feel tight? If so, what can I do for it? Thanks :)
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

Are you on any medications for gastritis and sciatica?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
carafate for the gastritis and Cymbalta 60mg for postpartum anxiety

The TMJ could be the cause of your symptoms.

Treatment plan -
1. Warm compresses.
2. Local application of pain relief medications.
3. Oral pain relief medications.
4. Eating soft foods .

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work . A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks,

Can the TMJ problem really cause all of these symptoms? I want to believe it,

but it's hard to understand. I guess it can go from jaw to neck to shoulders, back, legs, etc....

Should I put the warm compresses on the jaw or the parts that hurt? I'm really hoping

the orthotic splint gives me some relief as the TMJ was caused by orthodontics.

Thanks again.

1. Can the TMJ problem really cause all of these symptoms? - yes it can - the pain can lead to stress, anxiety and a generalised response reaction by the body.

2. Should I put the warm compresses on the jaw or the parts that hurt? - on both sites would be helpful. Taking a warm shower would help too.

3. I'm really hoping the orthotic splint gives me some relief as the TMJ was caused by orthodontics. - dont worry it most definitely will.

Best regards.