Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis

why am i getting my period twice a month will it affect me

why am i getting my period twice a month? will it affect me trying to get pregnant?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 7 years ago.
Hello, You are having a condition known as dusfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) and the increased frequency of menses if less than every 21 days is known as polymenorrhoea.

There may be an identifiable cause for it like fibroids, adenomyosis, pelvic infection, etc or there may be only hormonal imbalance without any specific disease.

So, you should go for an ultrasound of the pelvic organs to check if everything is alright. For this, you need to consult a gynaecologist.

DUB may be associated with absence of ovulation in some menstrual cycles and women with infertility may be associated with DUB. But women with DUB can have normal pregnancy also.

You can check DUB here.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.