Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

My name is Veronica and I am 20 years old. On Monday I thought

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am 20 years old. On Monday I thought I had started my period. I barely bled and have not bled since. I do not have a history of irregular periods and I have never spotted. What could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Do you have any stress or recent illness? Are you sexually active? Do you use any contraceptive method?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My stress level is not much higher than usual and earlier this year I was under more stress with no effects on my period. I am sexually active and I do not use any contraceptive methods. These are both possibilities I have already considered but I am waiting to take a pregnancy test in case there is another possibility.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

Though you are 20 years old, in teen age period, there can be longer cycles up to 45 days. Any illness or infection can cause abnormality in menstruation. The other cause can be due to rapid weight loss, excessive exercise, medicine, emotional stress, anxiety, thyroid or other hormonal abnormality etc. Slight spotting can be due to implantation bleeding of pregnancy too. You can take a home pregnancy test after 2 weeks of the due date. If it is negative, you should consult doctor for an examination & investigations for the precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your help. It is as I expected but I am glad to have an outside opinion.