Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Are there are any contra indications for taking Acai Berry

Are there are any contra indications for taking Acai Berry Dietary Supplement whilst taking Fluoxetine (anti depressant)?

Thankyou
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hello

Unfortunately, Acai berry supplements are not regulated by the FDA and therefore no one will be able to tell you if it will be safe or not to take along with your prescription meds. My honest opinion is to not take the supplements. Your health is more important than a sales pitch. Most of the potions, and pills have only one action, and that is to seperate the consumer from their hard earned money.

Another thing to consider is that the manufacturers of these ‘supplements' put a lot of ‘binders' and ‘fillers' in these products and you really don't know what you are really taking which can be risky as well.

Not enough research has been done to prove Acai Berry is safe with Prozac or any other antidepressant yet...so, I cannot give the green light on it as of yet. I'm sure we will soon read of some reactions that have taken place while mixing this berry with prescription meds, I just hope none are tragic.

Hope this helps!

********************

PLEASE NOTE: The $$$ that you have put down as a deposit will not go to me until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer. Otherwise, it will be held by JustAnswer.com and I will not receive credit for my time and efforts.

Please ask for clarification if needed.