Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions

my doctor says i have fibromyalgia, how do i know it isn t

my doctor says i have fibromyalgia, how do i know it isn"t hormone imbalance, or m.s. he won"t do a hormone test,or bone density test ,i am 53 years old ,going through menopause. how do i find a local dr. that will do these test, to rule out other medical problems. i live in salina, ks. just to let you know ,i asked about my grandson in 2007.we had him in to 3 differnt doctors they kept telling us nothing was wrong with him ,we did not give up. finally we got a pediatrition and he was diagnosed with bronichal asthma.he had kept complaining with chest pains and difficult breathing ,at school they said he was acting , this was difficult to get any one to listen ,we knew he wasn"acting. you gave us the hope to keep looking.
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
Please tell me about your symptoms
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
waiting for your response
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry, please tell me about your symptoms.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i hurt all over sometime, get tired easy, but the brainfog is the worst of all, some weeks are just fine,last week i could hardly get out of the car. this week i am fine. i work a full time job ,some days it"slike i can"t get my hands to do what i want them to do ,my balance is very poor ,so i walk and move slower than i used to . i tried exercise .walked 10 minutes aday for 4 days.i could hardly do anything after that, i was so tired i could"t even think clearly, i tried a few exercise in the pool, that was even worse, the tiredness is so bad i can"t think clearly or even drive safely. sleep isn"t very good either. i wake up and can hardley move my arms or legs, if ilie on my back it hurts,if on my stomache then that hurts, have to get up.
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. You definitely should have complete blood work, including anemia, thyroid and kidney and calcium function done. This may indeed be fibromyalgia, but you can't make that call until you rule out other things (the stuff I just listed).

There are a few physicians that may be able to help you:
Dr. Richard Yaple
Dr. Nina Ainsle
Dr. Dirk Hutchinson
Dr. Michael Lawrence