Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

I noticed a small red bump with a whitish top on my testical

I noticed a small red bump with a whitish top on my testical. I have not had sex in over a year. Is this something i need to be worried about?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

Does this bump feel tender / painful to touch ?

Has this increased in size since you first noticed it ?

Regards,

Dr.Joshi

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is not painful or tender to touch. I just noticed it when i got out of the shower so i do not know yet if it has changed size

This is probably a skin infection or a infected hair follicle.

This can be a non specific bacterial infection that can occur in the pubic area, and is not necessarily sexually transmitted.

You need to keep the area clean and dry, applying an antiseptic ointment like Neosporin would clear it up.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi XXXXX click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So I could have got this from going to yoga and workign out and not showering afterwards?
Yes, that is possible.

Humid environment is favorable for bacterial growth, and not showering after exercising can cause a growth in bacterial numbers that can lead to this non specific infection.

Kind Regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how long should it take to clear up? If it doesn't clear up by a certain time can it be something else?
You should notice a decrease in size within a day after applying the antiseptic.

This is a skin infection, and should clear up within 2 - 3 days.

Other than that , lumps on skin can be growths or lipomas or other lesions, which this does not seem like.