Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

A friend of mine and her children have stahp. My sister watches

Customer Question

A friend of mine and her children have stahp. My sister watches all of our kids while we are at work. She does not act like it is a big deal until his ear starts draining. The other day she brought him to my sisters with a cotton ball in his ear.The cotton ball fell out and my daughter picked it up. Well of course I got it from her and washed her hands very good. My friend made the comment "It's not like he has the plage". I am worried My daughter and niece will get it. What can I do to help prevent it fromspreading without hurting her feelings? We love her and her kids we just don't wont our kids getting it too.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear cienfuegos,

Greetings and thank you for using justanswer,

Who are the persons infected with ear infection apart from your sister?

How long are they having symptoms?

Did they consult any doctor yet?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My friend and her children. Her children are 18 months and 4 and a half years old. My friend said she gave it to them when they were born. She took her son the 4 yr old yesterday, He got 4 shots and test done. but she acts like it is a chore not a health problem that need to watched closely.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear cienfuegos,

As per the symptoms you described me , it seems that your friend is suffering from CSOM that is Chronic suppurative otitis media which commonly causes such symptoms of ear discharge, ear pain, and loss of hearing which may be fatal if left untreated and if the infection spreads to meninges.

You should counsel your friend that you have CSOM and needs to be treated otherwise it may be fatal.This way she may agree and when treated she will become non-infective for your children as well.Her children should also be treated.

The CSOM is infectious and the bacteria may be transmitted and may cause the infection with chronic close exposure

Please visit here for more information:

CSOM

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!