Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

I am so tired of having these symptoms. I have had bradycardia

I am so tired of having these symptoms. I have had bradycardia for about a year, and docs always say its normal, and im healthy. i went to the er last night as i felt like crap. I was tired dizzy, sick to stomach, and had an ekg which came out abnormal as it said marked sinus bradycardia. The doc came in and said your heart is slow, but it is because you are healthy. HE made me stand up and jog, then he checked my heart rate which went up to 75. they also took blood and all was well there as well. So the doc said i was fine. that was all he did, and he listend to my heart. I have seen many docs, but they all say im healthy, but then why do i feel miserable....dizzy, headache, slow heartbeat, sick, chest pain that comes and goes?????
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
   Will you please answer some questions-
1.Since when it is there?
2.Have you noted any factors which does increase or decrease this feeling?
3.Is there any cold feeling to the limbs?
4.Is there any dis interest toward the work?
5.What is about your sleep?
6.Are you obese ?
7.Do you have daily exercise schedule?
8.Is there any other problem like diabetes or high blood pressure?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1- it comes and goes, but i have been like this for about a year

2- no, but i do have anxiety, which makes me think about it all the time

3- no

4-dis interest in things yes, i am tired all the time

5- i sleep good, but am always tired

6- 5'11 190

7- i do some sort of exercise every day, but this has been affecting this as well

8- The last few times i have went to doc my bp has been very high155-90 but then at home its like 122/60

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry and i wanted to tell you i get bad headaches also
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
By looking at all details yes it looks that your main cause for your problem is sinus brady cardia but this is the thing behind the sinus brady cardia which is troubling you.You should know that sinus bradycardia does occur due to- 1.ELECTROLYTE DISORDERS. 2.EXPOSURE TO TOXIC CHEMICALS. 3.SLEEP APNEA. 4.HYPOGLYCEMIA. 5.HYPOTHYROIDISM. 6.RAISED INTRA CRANIAL TENSION. You should have a complete measurement of the electrolyte for like calcium,magnesium,thyroid function test & toxicologic studies & CT of the head to rule out any intracranial cause.There may be SA block of first degree which may not be shown in routine EKG.    There are drugs for treatment for this which are anticholinergic drugs which should be taken only on prescription & supervision. Hope this will be helpful.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok last question....

1- i have blood taken numerous time, so that would rule out electrolyte,

2- had a ct like amonth ago, all was normal,

3- thyroid tests last week were normal

So i guess it is between sleep apnea and toxic chemicals?? unless it is a sinus block, but if a ekg would not pick that up, then am i just in trouble? i do not want to wait untill i have a heart attack. what can i do?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is this an emergency situation in you ropinion?
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 7 years ago.
Sorry for net problem.
It is not an emergency.
For this type of problem a 24 hr EKG monitoring is essential that can be done by ambulatory devices provided at doctor's office.This will able to show you if problem is sleep apnea related.