Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

my last stomach that at times felt..contractions..pain only

About a week before my last period I had this unbelievable pain coming from my stomach that at times felt like contractions. The pain only lasted 3 days. But when I actually did get my period I bled very heavy for one day, very light the next day then it stopped. Is there anything I need to worry about?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 7 years ago.
Are you taking any drugs like contraceptives?
Are you under some stress?Is this period came on regular time?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not taking anything at the mmoment. I guess I have been stressed but not too bad. And my period came a few days early. I still feel like I have mild cramps every now and then too.
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 7 years ago.
Ok,do you had some smelly vaginal discharge few days back ?Or any change in color of discharge?
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 7 years ago.
If there is no history of any vaginal discharge then I hope there is nothing serious going on.You just got normal menstrual cramps which some young females experience before menstrual bleeding .It can be beacuse of stress.Because of stress somtimes large amount of progesterone is released which causes strong contraction of uterine muscles and hence the abdominal pain like situation results. Somtimes in some girls it is moderate and in others it is more intense.The simple treatment can be taking some anti spasmodic like buscopan.Hot massage of the area.
However somtimes such pains and large bleeding do ocur when the girls develop fibroids in uterus.So if the problem persist then you should consult your gynae doctor for examination next month.