Nurse Tracy
Nurse Tracy, Nurse
Experience:  4 yrs in emergency room, 3 yrs in pediatrics. 3 yrs studying holistic and alternative medicine.
19315399

i have been dealing with infections and i go to work get sick

i have been dealing with infections and i go to work get sick get sent home often my doctor said that i could work partime but with restrictions my job requires phisical work i have gone to work and off sick again so many times i just want to rest my stomach so i want get sick again and have the sugery and get back to a normal life and i want to keep my job but i am having a hard time staying well enough to do surgery the doc said if i have infection they cant do surgery because of more problems could occur
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Tracy replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I would like to have the opportunity to help you if possible, but I need some more information from you. What kind of surgery are you suuposed to have? Also what part of your body is getting infections? And when you say you get "sick" at work, do you mean throwing up? Or something else?

Thank you for clarifying,
Nurse Tracy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi nuse tracy, im sorry about less info but i really cant afford any paid advice i am so tired and frustated anyway i do trow up at work my bowels are so screwed up all the time i have intercitial cysitist and have constant diverticilitist flare ups i am percribe antibiotics and the told i have to cancell surgery till i heal i am haveing colon removale surgeryon july 29 2009 but the doc said i am well enough to go back to work but dont do heavy lifting i have to be on my feet all day and my job is stocking an drunning a register all day the pressure on my stomach is to much at times my bladder leaks i laugh it leaks i bend it leaks i hurt alot i dont understant why my doc will not sigh a leave off absent form for me my brother colon burst and he almost died my dad had a permant colonoscmy bag i am miserable i have had one surgery anther doc as going to remove a ovary and cysit but he opened my up and saw and tokpic of my colon and saw a diverticular and sent me right away to another surgeon but he said listen to other doc but he is the one doing the surgury why can he sign my leave of absence form well there my story i am tired now the phenergan is kicking in gotta go by the way i have a appoint monday for check up i dare not say i dont feel good because they will cancell surgery again and i will hsve to wait another six weeks bye now iam tired of crying
You sound like you are going through too much. I do not understand why your doctor is reluctant to sign you out of work. Standing on your feet all day while sick all the time is overwhelming to just think about it. I cannot help you get a leave of absence from work, nor can I provide further diagnosing, however I can offer a few tips on how to get through the next few days. First because you are on antibiotics, you absolutely need to take some probiotics - they can be found in capsule form, in yogurt, or in keifer. Keifir would be the best option as it as more probiotics than yogurt and helps coat the stomach. If you cannot tolerate keifir, taking the capsule form would then be recommended. The keifir can be found in most grocery stores in the dairy section or natural foods section. The probiotic capsules can be found in the natural food/herb /vitamin section of most grocery stores.

Let me explain: your intestines are lined with good bacteria and yeast. In a normal healthy person, the yeast and bacteria live in harmony. When antibiotics are given though, they kill off not only the bad bacteria, but the good as well. This opens up empty space for the yeast to grow...causing a yeast overgrowth in the intestines. Taking probiotics helps to replenish the good bacteria.

It is thought that interstitial cystitis may be caused by a yeast overgrowth in the bladder....most women experience vaginal yeast infections at some point in their life...since the urethra (the opening to the bladder) is in direct contact with the vagina, it makes sense that during times of stress or taking too many antibiotics, a yeast overgrowth may occur in that area also.

I wish you all the best and hope you can get relief with the upcoming surgery. Let me know if you have any further questions or need clarification on anything.

Best wishes,
Nurse Tracy
Nurse Tracy, Nurse
Experience: 4 yrs in emergency room, 3 yrs in pediatrics. 3 yrs studying holistic and alternative medicine.