Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

My partner is having problems with leaking from his penis before

My partner is having problems with leaking from his penis before sex and then suffers premature ejaculation, this has only started happening over the last few months and seems to be getting worse, he is very embarrassed about it and and leaking is quite bad.

Please can you help?

Thanks Julie
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
This is indicating that he is suffering from Premature Ejaculation.Medications, psychological counseling and sexual techniques that delay ejaculation can improve sex for you and your partner. For many men, a combination of treatments works best.
I will tell you the treatment options below but main problem of such men is that they become too hot and loose their controll.The basic idea behind its treatment is to improve patients controll over himself and hence his confidence.Nothing to worry plent of men treated themselves by using these methods and you will also be successful.
Masturbating an hour or two before intercourse so that you're able to delay ejaculation during sex.Also focussing your attention to some non erotic thoughts divert your attention will prove beneficial for you.
The most beneficial and popular technique is nowadays squeeze technique.
Begin sexual activity as usual, including stimulation of the penis, until you feel almost ready to ejaculate. Have your partner squeeze the end of your penis, at the point where the head (glans) joins the shaft, and maintain the squeeze for several seconds, until the urge to ejaculate passes.
After the squeeze is released, wait for about 30 seconds, then go back to foreplay. You may notice that squeezing the penis causes it to become less erect, but when sexual stimulation is resumed, it soon regains full erection.
If you again feel you're about to ejaculate, have your partner repeat the squeeze process.
By repeating this as many times as necessary, you can reach the point of entering your partner without ejaculating. After a few practice sessions, the feeling of knowing how to delay ejaculation may become a habit that no longer requires the squeeze technique.Actually it will help you to develop controll on your sphincters .

Antidepressants also proved beneficial for such patients.Like one of several selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil) or fluoxetine (Prozac), to help delay ejaculation.Taking a low dose several hours before you plan to have sexual intercourse may be enough to improve your symptoms.But their use also carry some side effects.

Some men using topical anesthetic creams but they are also not very effective as partners reported that they lack pleasures from its use.

Psychotherapy also very effective somtimes but it is very expensive.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK