Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
14102772

My 13 year old son started vomiting a week ago. Initially

My 13 year old son started vomiting a week ago. Initially it lasted a day or two, he got better then started vomiting again, felt better for two days and today he complained of a headache and vomited again.

I am concerned, this could be something more serious than the stomach flu as it has lasted for so long and has days in between in which he feels fine and is outside playing with his friends.

Please advise.

Lisa Jacobs
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Is he having normal stools? Is he flatulent?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Normal stools, not sure about flatulent, he is sleeping now and I don't want to wake him.
He could be having some mild gastrointestinal infection like amoebiasis or some worm infestation. Either you go to a doctor or get a stool test done to find the cause.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We recently adopted a daschound mix from a rescue center. They are very attached, he loves this puppy and allows him to lick him in the mouth, could this cause a worm infestation and should I have our puppy looked at as well.

<p>Any sort of infection could occur by licking. You should get a stool test done. Blood investigations should also be done to see if the eosinophil count is raised. That will further support worm infestation.</p><p> </p><p>Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I've looked up ameobaisis and it says nothing about vomiting, only loose stools.

However, I will take him to his physician and have him checked out.

thanks