Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
14102772

(not by me) and now his eye lids are very puffy

My son is one years old and was given a teaspoon of Vicks non-drowsy Dayquil. (not by me) and now his eye lids are very puffy.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Do not worry about the eyelids being puffy. It is going to resolve in a few hours or a day or two. It could be due to infection that he may be having or could be allergic in nature.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be apreciated
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Could he be alleric to the medicine given to him? Because they didn't get puffy until afterwards. They've never been puffy like that before.

His allergies usually cause his lower eye lids to get puffy and not the tops.

Will the medication have any side-effects on him since he is so young?

He may be allergic to it. Do not give it to him again. As for now, he seems to be alright but if the swelling increases or facial swelling appears or there is difficulty in breathing then immediately take him to a doctor. This is unlikely to happen but I am just telling you the risky signs of a severe allergic reaction.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated