Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

ultra sound..my cartorid arteries are somewhat blocked..catscan..MRI

I was told after I had an ultra sound that my cartorid arteries are somewhat blocked. Maybe 60%. :They want me to have an catscan and I want to know if that is like an MRI and do I have to go in the tube, also do I have to have that dye injected that so many people are allergic to. I'm 69 years old, a diabetic, overweight and all those bad things. Needless I'm scared and the doc. keeps telling me not to stress but doesn't tell me anything to make me not stress. What can you tell me.

Hello

CAT scan will be performed in this way

You may be given a gown to wear during the procedure. Also Metal objects including jewelry, eyeglasses, should be removed before examination.

technologist will insert an intravenous (IV) line into a small vein in your arm or hand.

. An automatic injection machine connected to the IV will inject contrast material at a controlled rate both prior to and during scanning.

Also You may be asked to hold your breath during the scanning. Usually CT scanning only takes between 5 and 20 seconds to acquire the appropriate images.

CAT scan is painless, fast and easy.

Having diabetic, overweight ,has no relation with this test.

This test will, help in determining precise anatomical detail of blood vessels .

Please do not panic.

I wish for your good health.

Take care

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but do I have to go into a mri tube?

Yes., you have to pass through the tube.

The CT scanner is typically a large, box like machine with a hole, or short tunnel, in the center. You will lie on a narrow examination table that slides into and out of this tunnel

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I accepted this as soon as you answered my question. I do hope you get paid, at least I now know what I face. Being claustrophobic (I think that spelling is wrong) I'm not looking forward to this but thanks for the info.