Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

my elbow is on my left arm that comes and goes..retention..heart

Customer Question

i ive been reently been suffering from what i think was water retention(wasnt sure if it was this or metablism change) this has now eased and im returning to my normal weight. however i have now got a dull ache exactly opposite to where my elbow is on my left arm that comes and goes. this could be from sleeping on it, but im worried that this and the previous water retention is my heart. if i press against the point where the pain is i can feel it more - would this confirm that it is a muscle problem rather than heart?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

would this confirm that it is a muscle problem rather than heart? -

yes, I would agree that the increase in pain on pressure is more indicative of a local cause like,
1. injury
2. tear or minor fracture
3. nerve compresion
4. tennis elbow