Smoore
Smoore, CMA
Experience:  Many years of giving solid medical advise to patients, family and friends.
18662087

i have recurrent yeast infection. diflucin doesnt help, Gynazole

i have recurrent yeast infection. diflucin doesn't help, Gynazole did help some but not available now. Terazole not effective. works for a bit then i am right back to major yeast. I have been checked for diabetes which i do not have, blood counts are ok, stool shows now yeast. I take lactobacillius supplements. Am at wits end, very agrevating and not appealing to myself much less my spouse.
Category: Health
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Hello Lori
I have a few question for you tonight.

How long has this been going on?
What is your age? Weight?

~SM

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This has been going on and off for years but this past year has been the worst. I no sooner finish a round of medicine/herbs and i am right back. NO odor, mild itching and redness, gobs of white stuff inside when i stick my finger in.
i am 55 and 132 lbs, 5'6"
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for all the questions
Is the discharge cottage cheese like? Of just white and sticky?
When where your hormone levels last checked?

~SM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is white and sticky almost paperlike not curdly like cottage cheese. very white, no real odor.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Lori, Thanks for sticking with me.
I do not believe you are having a yeast infection. I believe this is caused by your hormone levels. You need to see your doctor for some blood work done. The fact that no yeast infection treatment is working and on itching is really suspect. Yeast infection almost always cause itching.

~SM

Please know that I do not get paid for my time and effort unless you hit the green accept button. When I have given you the answer you are looking for please hit that green button. If I did a really good job a bonus is greatly appreciated! Leaving feedback is a way to let others know how I have helped you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have my levels checked annually and they are not showing any issues. Estrogen levels are where they should be, tetesterone may be slightly elavated. i was also using an estrogen cream vaginally at one time but haven't used it in a long time (i felt that was aiding the problem). since i have stopped using it my vaginal lining looks fine.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Have you had your vaginal fluid tested for yeast, when you are having this problem
~SM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, many times and the gynocologist just writes a script such as gynazole or terazole. very expensive to run to him each time and then the drugstore. i have quarterly visits to receive my hormone implant pellets. so i am there many time during year. even between those visits. He explained that some women just have the problem. I cannot accept going through life like this, very depressing. I also suffered from vulvitis and found some herbal remedies to correct. As long as i take these herbs I do not have the problem.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
I do understand how frustrating this could be.
Do you ride a bike, or swim?

~SM

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do not bike but do go in pools, hot tubs. try to avoid the wet swimsuit. often nude bathing. try to be in clean water but sometimes it may be questionable. hard to know what water is good. wear white cotton undies, stay clean and dry when possible, non irritant soaps, wipe front then backside when toileting. no tight pants.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
I wish I could give you the magic answer. I am sticking with the hormones. It is all that makes sense to me. I would recommend you get checked out by another GYN

~SM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is the second GYN i have been to. the previous one was not helping either and was 60 miles away. not sure where to go. I live in a small town and hopping (hoping) around to docs is not an answer. is it too much estrogen causing the problem? My body never did produce enough and my ovaries are gone. recurrent ovarnian cysts and endometriosis lead me to have the complete hyterectomy many years ago.

thanks for your efforts but i don't see the solution.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Oh Lori do not give up hope!
I do believe you are getting to much estrogen.

Are you taking a prescribed amount of estrogen, and herbal supplements?

~SM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Only one pellet per quarter. I do not remember how much but I have been told it is the right amount and my estrogen levels are where they should be. I am not taking any estrogen herbal supplements. I know to be careful about my soy veggies as much as i like them. other then overdosing on lactobacillius. Don't think that could cause it.

not sure how much longer i will be online this evening. I am on the east coast and it is after 11pm. Sleep is important with this issue.

might have to talk more tomorrow.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Sounds good. It has been nice talking to you. I am going to do some research while you sleep.
Have a good night!
~SM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will look forward to tomorrow's morning email. Thanks for all your help so far. i took a Diflucan to get me by, may insert a boric acid cap tonight. But thinking I will have to call my GYN in am, ARGH! another $90 visit plus another 7 days of cream. Another great holiday!
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
I am on the west coast so keep that in mind.

~SMInnocent
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i know, thanks and have a good night. I will be up before you for sure.
Expert:  Smoore replied 5 years ago.
Lori
I have been reading all morn. and I have also spoken to a few colleagues. The only thing I can come up with is that it has to be the hormone levels. The discharge seems to be normal, other than the amount of it.
My recommendation and that of the colleagues feel that you should not treat this as a yeast infection. But look more into the hormone side of things.
I really have enjoyed talking with you.

~SM

Smoore, CMA
Experience: Many years of giving solid medical advise to patients, family and friends.