Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
14102772

Will niacin and excersise help rid etg from urine faster I

Customer Question

Will niacin and excersise help rid etg from urine faster? I had one beer the night before I tested, but did not test until 5: pm. Does Ginko in energy drinks cause a false possative? How can I speed up the elimination of etg?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
What is etg?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
etg is a test for metabolites in urine(not the alsohol itself). Metabolites are biomarkers of the reaction that takes place after alcohol is consumed. This proccess is formed in the liver and eliminated in half life. I have an etg cut off of 500ng. I am surprised you have not heard of this test for etg/ets.
You mean ethyl glucouronide. See, I do not prefer to use acronyms as they can cause a lot of confusion. So, it is always better to confirm it. ETG is a metabolic product of ethanol and is cleared from the urine in about 80 hours. Does this answer help you.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was asking how can I get rid of these metabolites faster? water, niacin milk thistle excersise? Please answer. How much etg does one beer produce?
It is a metabolite and I don't think it can be cleared faster.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not satisfied with this answer. Please do not charge me.