Smoore
Smoore, CMA
Experience:  Many years of giving solid medical advise to patients, family and friends.
18662087

wife 50, in good helth in the sun 6 hours 90 -100 degrees.

Customer Question

wife 50, in good helth in the sun 6 hours 90 -100 degrees. drank plenty water but now suffering from pain in both arms and hands. there was plenty of lifting of boxes (Garage sale).

Now resting with Motrin. Question: can you tell me why she is suffrering with arm and hand pain?
Category: Health
Expert:  Smoore replied 7 years ago.
Hello Czimmerman

Does your wife usually do lifting as you stated with the garage sale?
Does she seem well hydrated? Are her mouth and eyes moist?

~SM
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes she is active and has been working at it all week.
Expert:  Smoore replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Czimmerman
You are working the poor woman to hard!
I believe this is a combination of the hard work, and the heat.
Working in the heat can cause the muscles to become slightly dehydrated. You are doing great taking care of her, by giving her rest and water. You may also want to give her something like Gatorade. This along with water can help replenish her electorates.

If she is going to be out again tomorrow have her drink plenty tonight.
Also, when you know ahead of time that you are going to be spending time in the heat, start hydrating the night before.

~SM

Please know that I do not get paid for my time and effort unless you hit the green accept button. When I have given you the answer you are looking for please hit that green button. If I did a really good job a bonus is greatly appreciated! Leaving feedback is a way to let others know how I have helped you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would that cause a deep ache in the arms and hands?
Expert:  Smoore replied 7 years ago.
Yes Sir

~SM
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much!
Expert:  Smoore replied 7 years ago.
No problem Thanks for the accept. If you get a chance can you please leave some feedback also? This helps other see how I have helped you.
If you need more help you can always request me in the future.

~SM
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is a done deal, thank you for a little peace of mind. I have since got her to drink a sports drink and is resting. She was thinking she was having a heart attack. She drank just water all day and by the end was not sweating, very flushed and hot. Heat exhaustion I think. She is mentaly better now with your opinion.

Thanks SM

Expert:  Smoore replied 7 years ago.
If she did stop sweating then she should stay inside tomorrow. Give herself time to recover.
Woman usually present much different than men do with a heart attack. If she was having shortness of breath, nausea, light-headedness or pain in the chest, then I would be concerned. But the arm and hand pain should pass by tomorrow.

~SM