A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

When I urinate, the urine sprays out- not an even stream. I

Customer Question

When I urinate, the urine sprays out- not an even stream. I don't think I have Prostate Cancer due to my age being 18- there is no pain- the urine comes out very easily/no trouble, no discolor. It is just like a water hose. it should come out like there is no attachment on it but it is coming out like if there where a nozzle on it, or like a spray bottle, the setting is on spray not stream. The spray is a wide enough diameter in that even if i aim directly at the center of the toilet 2 feet above, urine get all over the rim- being on the whole rim. I find myself always having to clean up after myself. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. No, this isn't normal. You may have a narrowing of the urethra or even a bit of scar tissue within the urethra that is causing your symptoms. The specialist you want to see is a urologist.