Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

The bottom of my feet have become very painful when walking,

The bottom of my feet have become very painful when walking, the entire bottom feels severly bruised.
They do not hurt while sleeping, mostly when walking. I also have lower leg tenderness that may be connected. My coloring looks normal, no swelling. My feet have hurt now for several weeks. Any ideas?

Thank you for writing to JustAnswer with your concern.

There is a condition called Plantar's Fasciitis. It can be an inflammation of the fascia, which is tissue underneath the skin on the bottom of the feet. Often it happens in only one foot, but can occur in both feet. It is usually worse in the morning when you wake up. There are various reasons, it can be an auto immune problem similar to some types of arthritis. You can read about it here to see if all your symptoms sound like this.

Since you are young there may be more things you can do to keep this from turning into the full blown problem. If you have a lot of stress in your life this will make these types of physical problems come on quicker. I would seriously evaluate if this is an issue in your life. I have a good web site that may help you identify if this is an issue for you, if you are interested.

If you have questions please feel free to reply.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you Susan. I do have Fibromyalgia, and a lot of stress so you hit it right on the head, or foot so to speak. I have been doing well on Cymbalta, which has elimated my FM pain. Sorry to say, it doesn't help all the mental fogs and tiredness. So I didn't think that the FM would be the cause of the pain on the bottom of my feet. I don't believe it is Plantar's Fasciitis because I don't have any sharp pain, it just feels very much like a stone bruise.
Thank you for your imput, Bobbie
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this is just a transient conditiion for you.