Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

I have an ear infection in my right ear. I was put on 2000

I have an ear infection in my right ear. I was put on 2000 mg of amoxicillian and and it got worse, and now I am on cefuroxime axetil 500 mg a day, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I cannot hear out of my ear and I have severe sharp pain with it! How do I get rid of this infection?!
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
you should see an ENT doctor so that he can examine the ear properly and identify the cause . you may need CT / mri to get better picture of the ear canal. hearing loss is worrisome and need quick diagnosis/ treatment. doctors need to rule out cholesteatoma.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is cholesteatoma? Sounds very serious!
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
<p>see this link </p><p> </p><p>http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/cholesteatoma.cfm</p>