Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

My stomach is on fire above my belly button but below my ribs.

My stomach is on fire above my belly button but below my ribs. Feels the size of a softball. Happens throughout the day, usually around 3 or 4 times. It lasts for around 30 minutes up to 2 hours. Makes me feel sick to my stomach, very full, whether or not I have eaten. Pepto slightly helps. What can I do. It is very painful. It has been happening for about 7 days. Feels like it gets worse each time.
   It looks from your description that you may be having gastritis.You should do following to have relief-
1.Avoid eating hot & spicy foods.
2.Do take proper rest avoid stress.
3.Avoid drinking tea,coffee,alcohol.
4.Divide your meal into small frequent meals & avoid empty stomach for a long time.
5.Take antacid drug like pantaprazole 40mg once a day in morning or rabeprazole 20mg in morning on your doctor 's prescription or ZINETAC 150mg which is available OTC.
6.Do yoga & meditation.
Hope this will help you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not eating hot or spicy foods. I also do not drink alcohol, tea, or coffee. I sleep decent. The only thing I have from your suggestion is extremely high stress.
High stress is liable to increase the acid output in stomach which may lead to such symptoms.If you do not have relief from above treatment then you should go for evaluation by having upper g.i.endoscopy & sonography of abdomen.