Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions
12907602

what does this mean Lungs A few linear opacities in the medial

what does this mean? Lungs: A few linear opacities in the medial aspect of the middle lobe extending to the adjacent pleura which may reflect area of atelectasis, scarring, etc. There is subtle increased density in the dependent subpleural location bilaterally which ma reflect dependent related atelectasis,etc. There may be a small linear nodular opacity involving the caudal aspect of the lingula extemdomg to the adjacent pleura which may reflect area of atelectasis, scarring etc.
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
What this is saying is that there is an opacity (which means a white area) that extends throughout the different areas of the lung which the doctor thinks is either a small lung collapse or some scar tissue built up. Most likely, this from someone that has long standing lung issues.
If you need this in simpler terms, let me know.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

God Bless.

Have a blessed Saturday.
I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.
Please remember to press "Accept"

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been coughing for about 6 months. Would that cause scar tissue?
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
Not really. The coughing could have been a symptom of a disease that can cause scaring in the lungs. Remember, the doctor did not say that this was definitive scaring. The CT scan said this could have been something called atelectasis. This is a big, long word that means that portions of the lung have collapsed.

God Bless.

Have a blessed Saturday.
Please remember to press "Accept"