MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Physician for 20 years
3119816

I went to sleep yesterday with my legs crossed on my table.

I went to sleep yesterday with my legs crossed on my table. When I woke up my right feet was numb. I move around, walk etc. I went to work today and it is still numb. Why?
Category: Health
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
WHile I obviously can't make a firm diagnosis over the phone, this sounds like a "neuropathy" or irritation of a nerve. In this case, this could be a peripheral neuropathy because of the compression on the leg overnight. This is a condition that usually gets better on its own, although it can take weeks or even months. You should see an MD to confirm this diagnosis. There is no home treatment.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was not overnight. it was for about an hour.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Ok. In that case my impression is the same but the prognosis is much better; it is likely to resolve within a day or two if that is what it is. However, now the likelihood of an alternative diagnosis goes up. I must point out that a possible alternative diagnosis is a blood clot in the leg. That is potentially life threatening.
Please click ACCEPT.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.