Lydia RN
Lydia RN, Nurse
Experience:  Experience in Orthopedic Rehab, Dialysis, CRRT, Apheresis and Psych. Certified: PALS, ACLS and BLS

Can an EMG or Nerve conduction test be manipulated or adjusted

Can an EMG or Nerve conduction test be manipulated or adjusted by the neurologist how they want it...or does the curve come out to the patiensts response to the needles and the shocks?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lydia RN replied 7 years ago.
I found a link that talks about this test... . As far as the neurologist manipulating the test... They certainly can manipulate the test because they are in control. Their goal is to find something that is wrong. That is there primary focus. If you think the test did not go well and you did not agree with their conclusion I would suggest you consider finding a second opinion. There is no harm in doing that, no feelings hurt either. Healthcare providers encourage it actually.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I meant that if the RESULTS of the curve can be manipulated by the neurologist to whatever he wants on the EMG and nerve conduction , not so much the testing..
Expert:  Lydia RN replied 7 years ago.

I have not experienced this type of testing in my practice. I am sorry If my reply/website did not help you with your question. I am not sure I understand your required response.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not sure i trust the neurologist and am asking if he is able to manipulate the actual response graph that results from testing og emg and nerve conduction?
Expert:  Lydia RN replied 7 years ago.
It is very impotant to establish a trust between you and your MD. If you do not trust him you will not expect his diagnosis to be accurate... I suggest you go to someone else that you think you can learn to trust and ask them about the test to see if you can get more information. This is my reply to your question.