Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

What is a MOP drug Recently, I tested positive for MOPs in

What is a MOP drug? Recently, I tested positive for MOPs in a drug test and the only drugs I take are Lortab and Oxycodone. I do take the Acai berry capsule and Resveratol for wrinkles. Could any of the above cause me to test positive for MOPs?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer Health for your question.

MOP refers to a test that checks for opium derived drugs. Most opiate pain killers are either directly derived from the opium poppy or they are a synthetic copy.

Drugs directly derived from opium, which are called opiates are morphine, codeine, herion, and hydrocodone (hydrocodone is the ingredient in Lortab along with tylenol). Actually, hydrocodone is a partially opiate derived drug/partially synthetically derived drug. So this is the medication that is likely showing up on the test(oxycodone is purely synthetically derived, so has to be specifically tested for).

I hope this explains things. Let me know if you have questions.

If you are prescribed these medications, then you just need to let whoever is testing you know about these prescriptions.