How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Saurabh Joshi Your Own Question
Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4665
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr.Saurabh Joshi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Few weeks ago banged my knee , no bruise ,just a niggly pain

Resolved Question:

Few weeks ago banged my knee , no bruise ,just a niggly pain on the inside of my right Knee. after a weeks holiday of lots of walking and partying my knee became very painful when waliking on it ,resting and in bed , like a severe toothace in my knee.
On Monday it gave way on me and pain got worse so visited local A&E.Diagnosis by doctor after xray was soft tissue injury but the physio said from my description of the site and type of pain it sounded like meniscus damage.
I am visiting my GP tomoprrow and I do have private healthcare, should I ask for a referel?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 8 years ago.

This sounds like a Meniscal Damage and also probably a ligament injury.

You need ask your GP to refer you to an Orthopedician for an evaluation.

This will also need an MRI of your knee to know the extent of soft tissue damage do that it can be managed appropriately.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi XXXXX click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.
Dr.Saurabh Joshi and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you