CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

i woke up this morning wiv a really bad migraine,bad back to

Customer Question

i woke up this morning wiv a really bad migraine,bad back to the point i cant move properly it hurts to get up n bend down,right hand gland of throat inflamed, hi temp that made me hav hot flushes,after cple hours the hot flushes went the headache stayed but was mild,my back ache stayed 2all day,when i go to yawn can only manage half a yawn as get pain right in my chest that shoots real bad thru to my back,i still getting the pain when i go to yawn gland still up headache coming back but also now my right ear is beginning to hurt what is wrong wiv me
Category: Health
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
What is your age? Gender? Are you currently taking any prescription medications or supplements?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im 41 and not on medication of any sort
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
What have you done over the past 2 years to al
leviate the headaches? Have you been diagnosed with migraines?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i usually take 2 liquid express nurofen tablets but at the time of posting the question i had taken the nurofen and it really did not relieve it my headache took bout three days to go completely i went to the drs and they gave me painkillers that had codeine in them and they didnt seem to work either. i havent been diagnosed with migraines
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

. Migraines result from a combination of blood vessel enlargement and the release of chemicals from nerve fibers that coil around these blood vessels. During a migraine, an artery enlarges that is located on the outside of the skull just under the skin of the temple (temporal artery). it can , but doesn't always cause a release of chemicals that cause pain, numbness, tingling, dizziness, nausea, and more. Migraines are notorious for causing alterations in vision, such as shakey or wavy lines. A Neurologist is the one who will be able to help pinpoint the cause and determine if it is migraines, as well as come up with a plan to help you. IN the mean time,Try resting in a dark quiet room... if you can take it, ibuprofen according to package directions is much more effective than tylenol.. also I would recommend alternating hot and cold packs to the back of your well as smelling some eucalyptus/peppermint oil.. together or individually, just for a second. I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-)